select * from win32_printer hangs
sporren
2008-05-20 11:02:00 UTC
Hi

We have two print servers and one of them can´t enumerate printers in
wbemtest. i have tested "select * from win32_printer" on both servers
(locally) but it hangs on one server.

I then tested wmiadap /F on the failing server but it didn´t solve the
problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Sporren
Allan
2008-05-30 02:05:08 UTC
Do all other WMI functions work correctly?

You may have a corrupt driver or something on the print server that is
casing WMI to hang when trying to access the information.

Let me know,
Allan
Sporren
sporren
2008-05-30 08:09:01 UTC
Hi Allan,

Thanks for your response.
Yes WMI is working but not on printers. How can I determine which driver
causing the problem?
Sporren
Rick C
2008-07-11 15:46:49 UTC
I have a possibly related issue. Every once in a while, a printer hangs,
and we have to restart the print spooler service. One thing I've noticed is
that WMI requests (for example, to enumerate the printers) will hang.
Shouldn't it be the case if I set a timeout in the ManagementClass
constructor, the request should time out? It appears this doesn't actually
happen.
Post by Allan
Do all other WMI functions work correctly?
You may have a corrupt driver or something on the print server that is
casing WMI to hang when trying to access the information.
Let me know,
Allan
Hi
We have two print servers and one of them canŽt enumerate printers in
wbemtest. i have tested "select * from win32_printer" on both servers
(locally) but it hangs on one server.
I then tested wmiadap /F on the failing server but it didnŽt solve the
problem.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Regards